Writing is important in everyday life. It is integral to all aspects of life and, with this in mind, we endeavour to ensure that children develop a healthy and enthusiastic attitude towards writing that will stay with them. Writing enables pupils to communicate with people around the world. Building on experiences, it encourages thinking and communication skills to grow.
At Cheddon Fitzpaine Church School our aims are:
1. Have a positive attitude towards writing.
2. Write with confidence, clarity and imagination.
3. Understand and apply their knowledge of phonics and spelling.
4. Write in a range of genres (including fiction, non-fiction and poetry).
5. Plan, draft, revise and edit their own work, and learn how to self and peer assess against the success criteria.
6. Develop a technical vocabulary through which to understand and discuss their writing.
7. Develop their imagination, creativity, expressive language and critical awareness through their writing.
8. Have equality of opportunity regardless of race, gender or ability.
9. Write clearly, accurately and effectively for a range of audiences and purposes.
Find the Key Stage 1 writing glossary of terms by clicking here
Find the Key Stage 2 writing glossary of terms by clicking here